To Scoot or not to scoot

Not a long post but one with lots of links to other posts in case you have time to read them.
It is getting to that point for me trying to figure out when to get a scooter and which one. Of course I first have to get my insurance to be on board. I want to  remain as independent for as long as possible and a scooter is what will help me achieve that. We went to the only medical supply store here and I test drove one on low power then turned it up to half power and almost took out a shelf in the store! Kind of fun! Keeping a good sense of humor is so important to this chronic illness gig. I looked online and even found a scooter that will go on the beach which excites me beyond explanation.

Smaller than a coconut!

Before I get a scooter we have to move somewhere that is handicap friendly. The small place we are in is not. I know you are asking why? how? well the rental market here is tough and having a dog even if he is small makes things harder. So when we were in a pinch we rented this place and actually given all of my infirmities in the last year it has been good to be in a small place but it is not very accessible and that is unchangeable. The hill from the driveway is steep and we have to go around through the yard. Also the kitchen drops down a step but I really don't need the scooter for inside at least not yet. Really I need it to go places, beach paths, shopping, events etc. It won't do any good to get a scooter until we move so on craigslist I am but Maui is not handicap friendly in general so patience must be my choice. That and prayer. Lots of prayer. God found us this place and got us this far I know He will complete our journey. Patience.

 Lord you know my needs but I am asking for patience during this process and for your favor to find us a new home, something quiet, safe and big enough for us to stay a long time. A place where we can serve you father and reach out to others. The place you have for us, help me find it. Lord give me strength to endure and wisdom for coming decisions. We love you Lord. Amen.

*3/5/16 Praise! We are in our handicap accessible apartment and I have had my scooter for more than 3 months now and it is everything I had hoped it would be! I love the independence and the ease in getting myself around here in our complex or to the doctor. When we go places together it is really nice for me to move where and at the speed I want to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chronic Illness and faith

Done being strong

Handicapped