Chronic Illness and faith


The precise meaning of chronic is "persisting for a long time", and it is used chiefly of illnesses or other problems.
If you are chronically ill chances are you are operating at max capacity every day. I know I am and have been for the last 26 years. I feel like the child’s game where you try to fill the bucket with out it spilling over and when it does the game is done. I feel like if I get one more thing medically to deal with – game over. Today I had to yell at a nurse over the phone, to get the help I needed. This should never happen! One of the reasons I went in to nursing was to make a difference, to actually care about and help people. Patch Adams one of my all time favorite movies touches on this and is an example of what I am talking about. When I worked at a hospital a patient with nausea and vomiting requested lime Jell-O and his nurse did not order it so I asked why and she said he would just vomit it back up. Since there was no medical reason he couldn’t have the Jell-O I got it for him. His appreciation was worth the look I got from the other nurse. The patient told me when he has nausea lime Jell-O helps. Sometimes listening is as important as action.
If the only thing I had to deal with was one UTI then I would not have yelled at the nurse but when it is the 10th UTI this year and she treats me like I am asking for too much then, she deserves it. Sometimes I wish working in health care did not pay as well as it did because then you would have many more doctors and nurses who were doing it for the right reasons. Today is one of those days I feel like I could not handle one more thing and yet here I am so I turn it over to God and ask for his strength and healing because the truth is I can’t do it without Him. I continue to pray for healing even though I doubt it will happen for me. I do believe in miracles and I have seen them happen it just doesn’t seem to be my destiny.

Lord help me to cope with all life brings and give me your strength to sustain any difficulty. Father I long to be used by you and to show the love of Jesus through my faith. You alone are God and I find comfort on your word. Amen

Comments

  1. I just typed a reply and lost it. Instead of retyping I just will say good word and I will pray for you. Psalm 73:25-26 a good read too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post and I just watched Patch Adams again yesterday. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gods time is not the same as ours,nor is His plans always clear to us.I can't offer much,but can offer my prayers for you.I hope your day goes well and God Bless you!
    Lenora Ziobro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenora
      It is in the trusting of His plan and timing we find peace,

      Delete
    2. Have you read this post? http://job6-3.blogspot.com/2015/01/acceptance-and-peace.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me any comments I appreciate you reading my page!

Popular posts from this blog

Done being strong

Handicapped