Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!


After several tests and doctor visits I have a few new diagnosis to add to my list- Arthritis in several joints and interstitial cystitis which explains why I feel like I have a UTI when I don't. Today I am feeling great and grateful to have a strong team of doctors caring for me. My elbow is healing faster than expected and I am grateful for that. I am a fiercely independent person combined with a progressive diseases - CMT and others it becomes a balancing act of resilience, strength, surrender and acceptance. I am not a negative person but I am finding the need to become more realistic. I hope and pray that my husband can stick with me through this as I fight every inch of the way. Sometimes we look at using aids such as walkers or chairs as losing the battle but if they are keeping us mobile and independent ya! I need to keep that kind of attitude as I continue on this journey. When I do get a scooter I will be happy.

Maybe it's the season but I am feeling much more light hearted and hopeful. I usually am like that until my plate just gets too full of medical issues or pain. One Nurse Practitioner I used to have told me "you can handle it just get a bigger plate!".

As we celebrate the season reach out to those that may be alone or without family this year. My mother always included so many people in our holidays which I hope passed down to my kids and I am thinking warm thoughts of her even now. I miss her at the holidays the most I think. I am glad she pushed me in the ways that she did and tried to always make me feel special not broken. I am rambling because my head fills with so many memories this time of year. Most of them are precious. Health and happiness to all of you this Christmas!


Lord we celebrate you and all of your glory. Instill in each of us the desire to bring peace in to the world. Let others see something different in us and let that be you. Keep our eyes open to someone who might need a kind word or something more. In this season of giving let us give you Lord in our actions and attitudes and in the way we speak to others. Lord let your light shine brightly. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chronic Illness and faith

Done being strong

Handicapped