- "The line to adapting to physical problems and ignoring them is precariously thin.-
- "In our sickest moments we need medicine far more than it need us, and challenging that institution when we're most vulnerable can be extremely difficult. - mustering the confidence to say no to a line of thinking that isn't helpful of healthful."
- "a good patient is an empowered one."
- "A doctor doesn't or shouldn't view what we say as a laundry list of complaints but as necessary tools to guide him or her toward better treatment"
- "Her (doctor) job is to lay out your options and her recommendations. Your Job is to decide which of those is right for you".
- "The more you suffer the more you are able to recognize suffering in others."
- "We're not better people because we can empathize with someone's struggle-However if we able to channel accumulated patient experiences in a way that somehow makes a positive impact on someone else in a similar situation, then there is something redemptive about our suffering. "Paraphrasing)
I would also like to share a great list by "A new kind of normal " blog author Jamee
Jamee shares my faith and lifts me with her words.
Lord I pray that anyone in need of your love and encouragement would find it in your word or perhaps here or with any of the writings represented here. Guide my words to be helpful and bind the enemy from interfering in any way. I love you more than I can express and I long to serve you father, help me. Amen