To keep or not to keep?

Had a very interesting experience last night. After seeing a podiatrist about my ankle we saw a man waiting for a cab with his foot wrapped and he looked discouraged. He asked us for a ride to the other medical facility 1/2 mile away, that seems so far when your unable to move yourself. It took us less than 5 minutes to take him. Turns out he was injured riding a motorcycle and it almost severed his foot. Here I am fighting for an amputation and he is fighting to save his foot. I know the issues don't line up but the thread of having a foot that doesn't work do.We both want to be pain free and as mobile as possible. I almost felt guilty for my perspective but reminded myself that he has not been dealing with this pain and foot issue for very long. Mine has been 25 years now. Not as bad as it currently is but repeated attempts to "fix" it have failed. I long for the day it is not attached to my body and other CMT'ers speak the same and are encouraging." It isn't a simple fix"my doctor said, "but it would improve your lifestyle and outlook." I am ready but I think we are probably a year from actually getting it done, we'll see.
Until then I just got an ambulation scooter and already feel 10 feet tall because I am independent! I can get the mail, ride through the complex or across the street to the beach I am freer than I have been in 7 years. I am so excited. We are also going to try steroid a injection. I am kind of like the tin man and all of mu joints need oil!

Lord thank you for your patience with me and for providing the finances to get a scooter. I am independent and stubborn and that has kept me going along with my faith in you. I pray to always know you will work things out according to your purpose.  Father I also pray for others who are struggling with loss and physical pain. It is only for a short time this life on earth and then we are free of our pysical bodies forever. Help us to hold on. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chronic Illness and faith

Done being strong

Fighting the fight!