Mothers Day Ideas from "Grace is Sufficient"

 

 I found this great list of Mothers day ideas and wanted to share it with you. Help the people in your life learn how to help you. This is from my friend Kim and her site is Grace is Sufficient

10 Great Mother’s Day Gifts for the Chronically Ill Woman




Each year my husband and kids ask what I would like for Mother’s Day. To be honest, they usually come up with the best gifts all on their own. Here are a few great things I’ve either received or would like. I bet you can relate!

Here are 10 Great Mother’s Day Gifts for the Chronically Ill Woman

  1. A slow cooker with a few ready to go freezer meals for those day’s you’re not feeling well. Having a ready to go meal in the freezer that just needs dumped in a crock pot can truly help on those days when you’re not up to cooking.
  2. A pillow for the bathtub. Hot water therapy is recommended for a number of chronic illnesses and chronic pain conditions. Why not have a tub pillow to allow you to soak as comfortably as possible.
  3. Cute lounging pants and tops. There are days where getting dressed does not make the to-do list or even the I’m-able-to-do-this list. Having a cute set of lounge wear will allow you to feel a bit better than resting around the house in torn sweatpants and a baggie t-shirt.
  4. A waterproof speaker for the bathroom. I found one of these on Amazon for my daughter for Christmas this year. It’s bluetooth operated so you can enjoy your favorite Pandora channel or playlist while soaking in the tub.
  5. A set of brightly colored paper plates, napkins, and cups.  I know going green is important to all of us but some days we just can’t manage preparing a meal and the clean up afterward. This will allow you a much needed break on the dinner dishes when you’re having a bad day.
  6. Homemade coupons for housekeeping chores. You might feel awkward or uncomfortable asking someone for help around the house. But getting a set of coupons for various jobs around the house would allow you to get some help from a willing individual.
  7. A Kindle or Nook. Reading can give you a much needed mental vacation. Also, you can usually grab an “e” version of a book for a bit less than the hard cover or paperback.
  8. A Netflix or Hulu subscription. There are times you can’t even focus to read. For those days watching a good movie or binge watching your favorite sit- com can be just the ticket.
  9.  A cleaning lady for a day or an organizer for a particular task. You may feel totally overwhelmed when you look at all the cleaning that needs done around your house. Bringing someone in for a day to tackle the jobs that your energy or pain levels won’t allow you to do, will help you feel more relaxed and comfortable in your own home. Is there a closet or room that needs organized so you can function easier? Finding an organizer that will work with you and understand your special needs will allow you to function better in that area of your home.
  10.  A beautiful journal to serve as a paper brain! Carrying a cute notebook or journal in your purse can allow you to make note of all the little things your mind just won’t keep up with.

Comments

  1. I have a nook. What a God send. Shortly after receiving my nook my disability progressed. I download books for free on my library's online site. I don't have to worry about going into the library to get books or return again. I also have Hulu and net flix enjoy both. Great ideas thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me any comments I appreciate you reading my page!

Popular posts from this blog

Chronic Illness and faith

Done being strong

Handicapped